[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default The answer ISN"T an electric or a bigger windlass

Paul Cassel wrote:
Personally, I see no issues with an electric windless (or capstan).

The worst case scenario that I can think of (and have no idea if it's
ever happened) is that the anchor failing to set and the crew unable
to pull it up for another try.

.... I've
never heard of a boat being permanently anchored due to the windless
failing to weigh anchor. Have you?

Are you going to ask "Wilbur Hubbard" to justify his irrational
dislikes & prejudices? What's next, asking him to rationalize his
behavior?

DSK