Paul Cassel Paul Cassel is offline

Default The answer ISN"T an electric or a bigger windlass

Strikes me as silly to size your boat to the mass of the maximum anchor
/ rode you can handle when reliable windlasses are easily available.

I recommend a different rant - that of sail size. Most people are
defeated more by sail handling than anchor handling. BTW, if you wish to
further rant on anchors, I suggest you rant on Fortress rather than
Danforth hi tensile as the Fortress are even lighter.

For those of you who wish information, a Danforth or Fortress is a fine
anchor in some conditions such as sand, but not nearly as good in oyster
or rock.

Personally, I see no issues with an electric windless (or capstan). I've
never heard of a boat being permanently anchored due to the windless
failing to weigh anchor. Have you?

-paul