HEMI-Powered HEMI-Powered is offline

Default River Ice Breaking 01

L D'Bonnie added these comments in the current discussion du jour

Now, THIS is a "tall-ship"! grin

Perhaps a renaming of the group is in order. Something like

alt.binaries.pictures.tall.short.long.lean-ships-boats-things.t
ha t.float.or.not.and.kids.on.cannons

Nah! I like it just fine, but note the "grin" after my
comment as I really did think the "ship" was pretty damn
interesting, I've certainly never seen anything like it before,
so I downloaded it for my slide show screen saver. Yes, I see
the smiley face after your comment so I imagine you're also
kidding in a way.

You imagined correctly. There have been many posts to the group
that "stretch" things a tad. I plead guilty to a few of them
myself.

Unusual photos provide interesting fill between the rare tall
ship posts. I have saved a few of your "nearly on topic" posts.

Just so you don't have to imagine this time, I believe this
image will clarify things.

Before I started posting, I asked about the apparent broad meaning
of "tall-ships" to include about anything that floats. Bouler,
among others, commented pretty much as you did, namely that so long
as it is a ship or a boat, it is acceptable. And, there appears not
to be a FAQ document, so I've restricted my posts to approximately
the categories of boats & ships I saw here, although I, too, have
stretched the definition as well but nobody seems to be complaining
so why make a fuss when there is any, right?!

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump