Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Apr 13, 7:59*am, "Edgar" wrote:
On A"Jay" wrote in message

Not true, there IS something wrong with oars. *I have to use my
arms and hands to make them move! *That's what this whole gig is
about.

Oars are the way to go if you have a decent dinghy and decent oars to row it
with. *I have proper dinghies and have often rowed out to my boat on the
mooring and got there before the other guy had mounted his o/b and got it
running to try and catch up with me..

But Edgar, my getting rid of the reliance on oars is not about
getting my dinghy to another boat, it's about that old Greyhound Bus
phrase "leave the driving to us." I don't want to row anymore...been
there, done that. I want someone/something else to do the work for
me.

Earlier, Rick asked, "What do you use your trolling motor for
currently? (I'm thinking about 30lbs for my canoe).

We used to have a Walker Bay 10 that would skim along the water at
a pretty good pace with oar-power and used the 30 lb. thrust electric
motor on that. We sold the Walker Bay when we got the G3 Guide V14.

-Jay