Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On A
"Jay" wrote in message

Not true, there IS something wrong with oars. I have to use my
arms and hands to make them move! That's what this whole gig is
about.

Oars are the way to go if you have a decent dinghy and decent oars to row it
with. I have proper dinghies and have often rowed out to my boat on the
mooring and got there before the other guy had mounted his o/b and got it
running to try and catch up with me..

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Suzuki's DF2.5 is the world's most fuel efficient tender outboard,
reports Andrew Norton

The DF2.5 is the smallest and lightest four-stroke outboard Suzuki
Marine has released. Weighing just 30 lbs., the DF2.5 has a 68cc
single-cylinder OHV powerhead with thermostatically-controlled
watercooling.

For cases where a motor is needed (inflatable dinghy with lousy plastic
oars)I have a Yamaha F2.5a. Nice little four-stroke motor which does all
that you say but is a bit heavier at 371/2 lb.
And for a seldom used 2.5 hp o/b fuel consumption is hardly an issue.