[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Sun, 13 Apr 08, Jay wrote:
I already own a 30 lb. thrust Minn-Kota electric motor and have a
big marine deep cycle battery but didn't think that would even get the
Guide V14 moving at all.

Try it!
And let us know. Don't forget to take your oars just in case lol!
On a lake with no wind, no current, and a fresh battery, 30lbs will
move it. Maybe not fast enough (I had 40-50 lbs in mind), but since
you already have it, it won't cost a dime to experiment. There's no
better way to find out what it'll do.
What do you use your trolling motor for currently? (I'm thinking about
30lbs for my canoe).
Meanwhile, sounds like you're set on a gasoline engine and there's
certainly nothing wrong with that idea. To each his own.
(but seriously, just try 30lbs and let us know)

Rick