[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Sat, 12 Apr wrote:
you're understanding perfectly what I'm looking for.
Something that will provide push a notch above oars and save me from
rowing.

Nice boat :-)
Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with anything that's been
mentioned so far. By the sounds of your current needs, electric will
work fine. And it has price and maintenance advantages over gas.
Problem is, your boat has potential to be so much more. If you think
you may ever expand your horizons, you might do better spending the
extra $$ now on gas, just in case.
Electric is almost dead silent. I would especially like that on a
small quiet lake. And if you store it for years, it'll work when you
drag it out. Gas can be more cantankerous when out of mind for that
long. There's advantages/disadvantages to both.
Another consideration. It's natural for people to want more than they
have. We'll always want something a little bigger, a little faster, a
little more. So if you fall into that category, you might as well
consider 15-20hp and be done with it lol! OR go electric for very few
dollars now and start saving for when the expansion bug bites. You
have no wrong options here (nothing wrong with oars either).
Rick