Jay[_3_] Jay[_3_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Apr 12, 7:21*pm, wrote:
Richard Casady wrote: I thought he just wants something to free up his hands. Not an increase in power or range. Normally, you don't think of oars for range or to be used against headwinds or current or tides. None of which will he likely encounter on a small lake anyway (I'm thinkin' SMALL lake). And on a 14' 195 lb open boat? Even 2.5hp would be a big increase in power over oars..I'm just sayin', it takes very little mechanical effort to do the same job as oars on a small lake with a boat that small/light. -shrug- but maybe I'm misunderstanding what

he's trying to accomplish.
Rick

No, Rick, you're understanding perfectly what I'm looking for.
Something that will provide push a notch above oars and save me from
rowing.

Somehow, my reading of the OPs message gave me a completely different

impression. No mention of anchor light, ventilation, bilge pump, none
of that. Just a simple row boat that he wants to push with power
instead of oars. Just wants to putter around a bit, anchor a bit,
snooze, read, and float. No range increase and no speed increase
necessary.

Right again, keep it simple. Just a rowboat with a motor to
replace the human power. No extras, nothing more, simple, simple,
simple setup.

Unfortunately, no mention of a number of details like whether or not he trailers the boat or how/where he stores it.

Boat is a G3 Guide V14 on a standard boat trailer that cost about
$500 new and the boat is stored on the trailer under a carport.

I have a 14' fiberglass skiff that's 225 lbs. I can almost plane it with a 6hp Evinrude if I sit amidships with a tiller extension (I'm 170lbs). So I know 6hp is a lot more than he wants. From his post,I'm thinkin' even 2.5 is more than adequate for his needs..Anyhow, you're right. We're all guessing ... and plugging our own

wants and needs into his situation.
Rick

Well, Rick, no prob there. That happens quite often in
newsgroups. Check out the price ($721) of this new 2008 Suzuki 2.5 HP
on this link (free shipping).

http://omnimarinefl.com/mm5/merchant...ategory_Code=1

Could that Suzuki be my new seat of oars? LOL

Or maybe this Tohatsu 3.5 HP for $830.

http://omnimarinefl.com/mm5/merchant...ategory_Code=4

Other Tohatsu motors.....

http://omnimarinefl.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Co de=4