HEMI-Powered HEMI-Powered is offline

Default River Ice Breaking 01

L D'Bonnie added these comments in the current discussion du jour

On the Red River in Manitoba. During the spring break up ice
will occasionally jamb up and dam the river, flooding the
surrounding area. The Amphibex machine breaks up the ice so
that it will move down stream without piling up. The link is
to the Amphibex web site

http://www.normrock.ca/1/The_Amphibex/The_Amphibex

Now, THIS is a "tall-ship"! grin

Perhaps a renaming of the group is in order. Something like

alt.binaries.pictures.tall.short.long.lean-ships-boats-things.tha
t.float.or.not.and.kids.on.cannons

Nah! I like it just fine, but note the "grin" after my comment as
I really did think the "ship" was pretty damn interesting, I've
certainly never seen anything like it before, so I downloaded it
for my slide show screen saver. Yes, I see the smiley face after
your comment so I imagine you're also kidding in a way.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump