Glenn Ashmore

Default Hard vs Soft Chine stability

You would have a lot more work and get a choppy pattern that way because
four times as many strips would have to be tapered to fit. Tapering and
fitting the shorter strips is more than half the work in building a
stripper. If it is not done very carefully you end up having to fill
with a lot of epoxy/filler. Even using wood flour the fill is pretty
noticable.

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Why round it off at all. You can build hard chine designs with cedar
strips; I've seen it done on kayaks. You start with strips at the sheer,
chines and keel (essentially outlining the panels), then fill them in.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com