Ed Edelenbos

Default ideas/plans for a small rowing/saiing boat

William R. Watt wrote:
bear ) writes:

- light enough to car top - I don't want to invest in a trailer

pretty well limited to a canoe. light because they are narrow. a boat wide

Not necessarily true... Light enough to cartop would be around
125-150lbs. It'll take 2 to get it up there but it'll be
car-toppable... I don't know what a Penguin weighs but I remember
cartopping them.

The compromise will be beam... for a good stable sailboat, you want
plenty of beam. This is going to make it a little tougher to row.

A few ideas...

http://www.boatplans-online.com/prod....php?prod=SH14

and a couple others under small boats - dinghies and small boats -
sailboats.

or, www.clarkcraft.com under sailboats there are several boats from
11-14 ft which look like they would be suitable (i.e. flat enough bottom
for rowing in shallow marshes and capacity for 2 adults or 1 adult and a
kid or 2 and under 150 lbs). There are a couple under dory also.

Ed

--
The spam finally got to me.
To email me, change "spam" to "speak"