Glenn Ashmore

Default Making templates.................

Nobody mentioned the tick stick method. I used a stick about 24" long,
beveled to a point on one end with a notch at 12" and another at the far
end. Clamp a fair size piece of scrap 1/4" plywood in position of the
bulkhead or cabinet piece you want to pattern. Hold the stick against
the plywood and place the point of the stick against the hull. Draw a
line along the edge of the stick between the two notches. Repeat every
2" or 3" around the hull and at the corners of each projection
(stringers etc.) It does not matter about the stick orientation as long
as both notches are on the plywood.

Take the stick and plywood to your cutting table and lay the plywood
over your stock. Line up the the stick with each line and notch marks
and mark the stock at the pointed end. Connect the dots and you have a
perfect cut line.

You can use the plywood over and over by using different color pencils.
When it gets to cluttered with to many marks, paint it with some cheap
white latex and start fresh. I patterned almost my entire inside with
one stick and two pieces of plywood. One 30"x60" and the other 36"
square. Eventually had to start chopping the corners off of the sheets
to get closer to the hull in some spots but a couple of 4x8 sheets of
cheap plywood will give you plenty of material for several marking sheets.

Ytter wrote:
Does anyone know where to find good instructions,how to make templates for
boat interior renovation?
THANKS,Ytter

--
Glenn Ashmore