Backyard Renegade

Default Bilge Pump Switch - New Rule switch bad out of box.

Richard Lane wrote in message ...
I installed a replacement Rule Superswitch in July and one of the
flexible ligaments connecting the mercury switch in the float opened in
two months. Replaced with Sureflow Piranha float switch without flexing
leads (after getting a refund from West Marine for the Superswitch)
Dick

When I worked for GM, the first thing suspect in an electrical problem
was "out of the box" parts .
Scotty, electrical guy...

Keith wrote:

Isn't that what a diode is for? A little check valve?

Speaking of float switches, I installed a brand new Rule superswitch
yesterday. Tested it out, worked fine the FIRST time. After that, when I
released it it wouldn't cut off unless I cycled it up and down and banged on
it a bit. Sheesh.