posted to rec.boats.electronics
WillemdeNie WillemdeNie is offline

Default Raymarine and third party equipment via NMEA gives problem

On 9 apr, 21:35, "Bill Kearney" wrote:
Water temperature coming from the SIMRAD equipment (so wiring is OK)
But no depth, logspeed and wind information although they are present
at the output side of the multiplxer (see attached file)

Try it with just the SIMRAD connected to the C-80. *It may be possible that
the Simrad is sending a format the C-80 can't use.

That and have you asked Simrad?

Thanks Bill, happy with any suggestion!
I did not aks SIMRAD, but I checked the specifications and it's
sending NMEA 0183.
If I sent it to my PC (SeaClear program) it displays al the data.
But it is possible ofcourse that the C80 does not recognise the
sentences. I wil check your suggestion. But if so, how can I solve it.
Somebody recomended to use the Seatalk port, but I do not know if do
not get the same problems then; and I have first to buy a NMEA-
Seatalk interface.

Any other suggestions?