posted to rec.boats.electronics
WillemdeNie WillemdeNie is offline

Default Raymarine and third party equipment via NMEA gives problem

I try to connect AIS and my SIMRAD Dataline-X equipment (Depth,
Waterspeed and Wind) to my raymarine C80 via the NMEA port.

I have a multiple baud rate NMEA multiplexer (shipmodul-type minplex-
AIS)

The signals which are multiplexed a
AIS 38400 coming from my AIS receiver
and
SIMRAD Dataline-X data coming from the databox with a baudrate of
4800.

These signals are multiplexed on my multple baudrate multiplexer of
which the output has a baudrate of 38400.
The plotter is also configured for 38400 offcourse.
The have a file as an example of the output of the multiplexer at
38400!

This output is presented to the plotter.
On the plotter I get:
AIS signals which are fine
Water temperature coming from the SIMRAD equipment (so wiring is OK)
But no depth, logspeed and wind information although they are present
at the output side of the multiplxer (see attached file)

I hope somebody has an answer why this problem occurs!

Regards

Willem