Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 02:49:20 -0700 (PDT), Jay
wrote:

Forgot to mention a harebrained (?) idea a friend of mine had. He
said to just putt-putt that 14 footer around these calm ponds in the
area all I would need would be the Suzuki 2.5 HP but that sounds more
like a motor for an inflatable, dinghy or a little 8 or 10 foot Walker
Bay to me.

He also mentioned that if I was going to shell out a $1100 for the
Suzuki DF4, I should pick up the Briggs and Stratton 5HP online for
$750 delivered. (One more horse at work for $350 less). Hmmmm...too
many damn decisions.
-Jay

I think your problem is in your description of what you want to do. I
have a Mercury 3 H.P. and I'll guarantee it will push your boat around
a lake. Not too quickly, but it will push it and since speed will be
more a factor of water line length then anything else the 2.5/3 H.P
will probably push your 14 footer about as fast as my 8 foot dinghy
(with the same number of people aboard).

The Briggs & Stratton will probably work as well as anything and last
as long. At least for the weekend and holiday use you will likely put
it to. Or get a good used second hand 4 - 5 H.P. if you can locate
one.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)