posted to rec.boats.building
Bob S. Bob S. is offline

Default I have done some work...

Actually, I redid the galley in this boat and total outlay of time was about
60 hours, total cost about $500. I like to think in terms of simplicity and
frugality. Most of the woodwork I got by scrounging around the used wood
recycling depot here in town. It's not Hinckley quality, but it serves the
purpose just fine. My standards are set extremely low. Have a look here if
you like:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/dbasement...ics/index.html

I don't particularly want something polished. Comfy is fine. I just don't
have any ideas for the redo.

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...
Bob S. wrote:

Perhaps I should clarify.

Mostly I'm looking for ideas. Models or pictures of boat interiors that
work. Places to start. I know most of the structure, what I can remove
and what I can't.

For instance: The dinette is this monstrous 6 seater that takes up about
50% of the salon. Big, stuffy, moldy cushions that fold down into a bed.
I've thought about tearing it out and replacing it with a couple of comfy
chairs that would fold out to a bed. I'll never see more than 2, maybe 4
people on the boat and this huge, ugly mass has to go. Problem is, I
need some ideas on what it could look like.

"Bob S." wrote in message

I have a 1972 Fraser fibreglass sailboat. The interior is huge and has
potential, the mechanics all work, but the interior is from 1972 also.
The layout is just so wrong. I have hit a wall. I know I want to gut
the interior, I just don't know where to start or where to go from here.
I don't want to spend a great deal of money, so would rather not hire a
shipwright.

Please any ideas could help me.

Have you done much boat building before, Bob?
If so, you'd know how much time, effort, and money are involved in a
project like this.

If you do, and are really just looking for ideas, head down to Half
Price Books and see what you can find in the transportation section.

Richard
--
(remove the X to email)

Now just why the HELL do I have to press 1 for English?
John Wayne