Don White Don White is offline

Default Suzuki DF4 vs. DF6

"Jay" wrote in message
On Apr 5, 8:09 am, Gordon wrote:
Go electric!

I have a 30 lb. thrust Minn-Kota we used on a dinghy we once had
but didn't think that would even budge the 14' aluminum boat. What
thrust rating would you think it would take in an electric to achieve
the same speed/power as the 4HP Suzuki DF4M?

My 2004 Princecraft Yukon (14.5' open aluminum boat) came with an electric
trolling motor.. and from what I've seen it's only good for creeping along
as long as you're in protected calm water with no wind. I use it to take me
from the launch ramp to a nearby dock and back again when it's time to
retrieve.
I think oars would do just as good a job and be more reliable.