posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie[_4_] Matt Colie[_4_] is offline

Default Can someone help with an interior finishing guestion please?

Bob,

This is pretty big undertaking. I have finished interiors of provided
hulls and done some pretty serious refitting, but you better first
figure out what has to stay, what you want to leave and (of course)
where you want to end up.

Most boats built in that time were built based on classic expectations.
Few people use boats that way anymore. This is why the "travel
trailer" interior design took over in the early 80's.

You have to figure the rest out.

Matt Colie
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and the Odd Boat Builder

Bob S. wrote:
I have a 1972 Fraser fibreglass sailboat. The interior is huge and has
potential, the mechanics all work, but the interior is from 1972 also. The
layout is just so wrong. I have hit a wall. I know I want to gut the
interior, I just don't know where to start or where to go from here. I
don't want to spend a great deal of money, so would rather not hire a
shipwright.

Please any ideas could help me.