posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Can someone help with an interior finishing guestion please?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 23:02:07 GMT, "Bob S."
wrote:

I have a 1972 Fraser fibreglass sailboat. The interior is huge and has
potential, the mechanics all work, but the interior is from 1972 also. The
layout is just so wrong. I have hit a wall. I know I want to gut the
interior, I just don't know where to start or where to go from here. I
don't want to spend a great deal of money, so would rather not hire a
shipwright.

Please any ideas could help me.

You don't give much information but ripping out the interior of a boat
is pretty easy - just start.

There are two areas to beware of: The mast requires some sort of
support resting on the keel, whether directly or through a post of
some sort; and, at least some of the bulkheads probably act to stiffen
the hull, particularly near the chain plates so be a little cautious
about ripping them out.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)