sour (max camirand)

Default Full and fine ended hull

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:56:48 -0500, "Pablo"
wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know what is the difference geometrically between a full
ended and a fine ended hull? I was reading the John Winter's webpage
(http://www.greenval.com/jwinters.htm...cal%20articles) Part1
(Frictional resistance) in the effect of shape section and could not
understand what was the difference between these two types of hull. If you
have an image that could help me understand it would be great. Thanks for
your help in advance.

Pablo
remove213 for mail

A fine ended boat has a fine angle of entry and exit - meaning the bow
and stern, the ends, are pointy.
A full-ended boat has a wider angle, which means the ends are stubby.
That's all.

-m