Glenn Ashmore

Default sectional or bolt together boats

wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:24:36 -0500, "Wayne" wrote:
the "chameleon" dinghy by danny green, c/o offshore designs ltd.,
p.o.box ge213, st.george's, bermuda ge bx. it is a brillant design,
we built one and have seen rowed three others in various states of
finish. check our boat building skills out at wwwsailorgirl.com

Can someone explain the advantages of the Danny Green dinghy over the
Gerr dinghy? I will have to admit that the Gerr clamps take a lot of
work to fabricate but they sure make putting the boat together in the
water a lot easier.

Looking at the pictures they apear to be very similar designs but I
would think that those flotation chambers add a lot of pounds. I built
a Gerr dink and it came in at 104 pounds. I am playing with an idea to
build a slightly modified version in cedar strip that should come in
around 75 pounds.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: