Larry Larry is offline

Default wi-fi antenna

" wrote in news:3fc8c447-
:

I am about to raise the new mizzen mast on my old Van de Stadt ketch
and I have been thinking about some other possible uses for the mast
head. Would it make sense to place a wi-fi antenna up there to make
better use of the hot spots that may be available in some communities?
Any suggestions for other hardware on the mizzen would be appreciated.
I am already putting a spare anchor light and VHF antenna, but I know
I will think of something else, when it is too late.
Tom

All these will be moot, soon. The big guns have endorsed and are paying
for Xohm.com's WiMax, this year.
http://www.xohm.com
http://www.wimax.com
http://www.dailywireless.org/2008/04/01/7607/
http://www.srtelecom.com/en/products...-LOS-and-NLOS-
Technology.pdf

Up until very recently, WiMax has been a bunch of little, unfunded
wannabees trying to hog the licenses for profit.....BUT, the BIG BOYS HAVE
ARRIVED!

Nokia, Samsung, Intel, Cisco.....

Wimax will have the range of PCS sellphones and the bandwidth of cable
internet....2 miles away from the nearest tower...not 100' from the marina
office. It hands off and roams like sellular data but without sharing
bandwidth with sellular voice customers. 2-4Mbps is realistic.

Xohm is Sprint/Nextel owned, at the moment, and will go up on all their
towers.....eventually.

BIG money is being poured into Xohm's WiMax now....