Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Yo!! Those with Masters/OUPV licenses...

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:16:08 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:39:36 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:58:34 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the

wrote:

|On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:18:45 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing penned the
|following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|
||On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:19:51 -0400, Gene Kearns
||On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:18:46 -0400, BAR penned the following well
||considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:
|||Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
||| Guess what? We are now required to have a TWIC.
||| As it's known in moron land - Transportation Workers
Identification
||| Credential.
||| Doesn't matter if you don't actually work in the Maritime
Industry or
||| require Port Facilities access, you gotta get one.
||| Hones to pete.
||| http://twicinformation.tsa.dhs.gov/twicinfo/index.jsp
|||Do you get one of them fancy TSA like uniforms too?
||The silly thing is that the only difference in the documents
required
||to get the TWIC and my OUPV/Masters is the additional $132.50. The
||last time I renewed, they even took a digital picture and
||fingerprints. They have the information, this is just another dig
for
||money.
||Mine's up for renewal in May 2009 so I haven't gone through the new
||process yet.
||I did the whole preenrollment thing for examination process and the
||online form kept kicking my application out because I hadn't filled
||out the employment section. I called the hot line and explained the
||issue and the lady, very nice by the way, asked me why I needed the
||TWIC. So I told her the whole deal and she laughed, took care of it
||and presto - all done.
||I don't know if you are aware of this, but it's $105 if you have a
||current license issued after May 31, 2005.
|
|Yeah, I renewed last Summer, so I should be good for the lesser fee.
|My "pre-enrollment" hasn't hit the computer yet. I may just "walk-in"
|in Wilmington, since I don't have to make that long pilgrimage to
|Charleston.
|
|I thought I was going to have to go to Boston, but apparently there is
|an examinination/issuing center in New London.
|
|Hell of a lot better than going to Boston. :)
|
|I have to admit, the online thing is pretty slick - bada bing, bada
|boom - you are done.
|
|Well except for the employment thing that is. :)

How soon were you able to log in after you pre-registered?

Immediately. Got my appointment for enrolling in the program slicker
than a pig in slop.

Crap. Mine musta barfed.... I'll try again.....

A couple of guys in my fishing club had that happen.

I guess it depends on when the computers update the registrations.
Give it 24 hours.

Friend of mine went to the Shell Refinery yesterday. Temporary office with
a 9:30 appointment. Gets in at 11:30. one person at the desk. All the oil
refinery workers need to get a twic card as well as the truckers. Then you
have to go back when you get the card to get in activated.