[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default LED Interference

On Apr 1, 11:58 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Isn't the point whether or not the lights are visible from the prescribed
distance?

And the right colors and properly displayed &c (see 22 and annex
I)... But, yeah.

does the CG care that they're "approved?"
I don't know the answer... just wondering.

I don't think so for uninspected vessels but the OP was talking about
spending $80 on some bulbs and was worried about the remote
possibility of RFI so I though he might be interested in the certainty
that he'd no longer have USCG approved fixtures if he installed
different bulbs... I suppose he might get into insurance difficulty
if the bulb started a fire or if he had a collision and couldn't prove
that he had legal fixtures but those seem like pretty remote issues.
A quick phone call to the surveyor that works for his insurance
company would likely reveal if there would be a problem there. It may
be that he doesn't care about USCG approval. That's cool, too.

-- Tom.