timeoff

Default Fiberglass on Wood damage

Hi,

I am new to boating and learning fast...just not fast or soon enough.

Ok..so I bought a 1942 80' Wheeler that started as wood and was C-flex? and
or West System fiberglassed in the mid 80's. I am told that
the process was to add 1/2" marine grade plywood, then 2-3 layers of cloth
and then 10-14 layers of epoxy. It appears currently to be aging
very well on the outside with no signs of stress cracking. I was further
told that George Saroukos Shipyard in Fl. did the work.

My problem- The seller failed to alert me that he had run aground back in
June and that one of the shaft struts pushed through the bottom
of the boat causing the boat to take on water above one engine. The repair
was a temporary patch. The seller, I guess could not afford to
complete the work and sold to me at what I thought was a great
price...sigh...I know..I know...

I am new to this age and size of boating. My goal was to create a nice
adventure....not a nightmare for my family.

What should I do? The boat is located in South Alabama.

thanks for your help,

marshall

Plese email to my address and post.