William R. Watt

Default Help needed for custom "kiddy" boat

"Bruce" ) writes:
Kiyu,
Great site and thanks much for the link.
I have another question for all the builders out there. Is it Ok to take
the plans for a full size boat and just "shrink" it to the size I want?
Looks is one thing but I also want something that is safe for the kids.

the old scaling down arithmetic - bouyancy is volume, not length. when you
reduce the length you reduce the volume, and thus the bouyancy by the cube.
a boat half as long has one eigth the bouyancy. just something to keep in
mind.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm