Glenn Ashmore

Default Homemade water tanks.

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Thanks, that's what I thought. I found this:
but I am a little confused. Do you feed some type of volitile gas,
or does it just shoot electrically heated forced air? Scotty

That's it. Price must have gone up sense I got mine. You hook it up to
an air supply and an element in the gun heats it to about 350F. It
doesn't take much air.

With some practice you can get a pretty decent weld. Especially for the
price. Just be sure the material is very clean and use the proper rod.
It has to be the same plastic as the base material.

Clamp everything really well because you have to press the filler rod
pretty hard to get it to blend with the joint and don't try to fill the
joint in one pass. Make 3 or 4 passes to slightly overfill the seam and
then trim off the excess.

Two things I don't like about it. It has no temperature control so you
have to fiddle with the air flow to get the right heat and it doesn't
come with any tips. I would love a speed tip that holds the rod in the
right position so you get more even beads but as little as I use it I
don't want to pay $250 for a better model.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com