Glenn Ashmore

Default cheap vacuum bagging

What are you using for a bag? Sounds like you don't have a very good
seal. There should be no air if the bag is sealed properly.

Ed Askew wrote:
I've done it several times, and so have a lot of other guys. Mine
don't overheat. They're not even all that warm. I worried about that
the first couple of times I did it. (I've used 2 different vacuum
cleaners.) I've never heard of anyone's overheating while vacuum
bagging. There's quite of bit of air moving out of the vacuum cleaner
exhaust while they're on. I leave them on about 6 hours. Some guys
leave them on all night. How are people vacuum bagging without using
vacuum cleaners?

Ed.

Jim Conlin wrote in message ...

The motors of most shop vacuums are cooled by the air that flows through the vacuum parts. If there's no
flow of air through the hose, there's none through the motor and the motors burn out quickly. A very few
shop vacuums (Fein and ?) have 'bypass' fans which cool the motor even if there's no flow through the hose.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com