hugh

Default Painting GRP yacht hull

go have a look at www.yachtpaint.com or at www.awlgrip.com. there are
fairly good instructions on each site. in my view the yachtpaint site is
way better for information. they have a "yachpainters guide" which is also
downloadable as pdf.

in both cases you'll find descriptions of what to do. picking the right
products for your application is probably key. yachtpaint.com has guides,
tables, etc.. that should help there.

summary - you can get a good finish yourself. sanding, filling and priming
the hull is the most important part, and the one that takes most time and
costs most for pro's to do. once that's done right you could even check the
price for a pro just to spray. i know some painters here and just getting
them to spray is actually comparatively cheap. it's the prep that's pricey.

hugh

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi

It's time to paint my first boat. It's a 26' GRP yacht and I have no idea
what I need to do to prepare it for painting and antifouling. Can anybody
give me any tips?

I've had quotes from a professional painter and it's going to cost me more
than I payed for the boat.

Thanks in advance
Dan