[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default globally balanced compasses

In a moribund thread on possible problems with a compass in a set of
Steiner binoculars I mentioned having seen globally balanced
compasses. I just happened to run across them again. So, on the off
chance that someone has been searching for them Suunto makes them.
Actually, they make 5 zone, 2 zone and 1 zone compasses. My regular
old Ritchies have worked pretty well from 40S to 22N. So, I'm not
completely convinced of the need at least with globe style compasses.
I'm sure dip is more of a problem for flat compasses.

-- Tom.