Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default How many DC amps is too much

Larry wrote in
:

Geoff Schultz wrote in
:

So your argument is that CFCs such as R-12 don't interact with the
ozone layer and hasten its demise? I would say that there's a lot of
well established science that would argue with you.

America has gotten rid of R-12 for many many years. The ozone hole is
bigger.

I'm not saying that R-12 isn't a terrible chemical capable of
destroying ozone in the laboratory, where, of course at great expense,
all these facts fester. What I'm OBSERVING is that the effect of
dragging America, at 10 to 15 times the price, into R-134a has
been....well......ZERO, just like most other programs designed to
separate the American consumer from his wealth by the corporate
government bureaucrats.

Why don't you convert you R-12 system to R-134A? Many systems have been
converted? The fact that you're aware of the price of R-12 indicates that
your system leaks. R-134A is as cheap, or cheaper, than R-12.

You may chose to run systems (such as autos) that utilize out-moded
technology, but you do so at a price, as when you go to repair those
systems, you can't obtain replacment parts (such as R-12) at a reasonable
price. This is simply part of your cost "savings" associated with using old
technology.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org