Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Costa Rica Tarpon report

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
Went to Costa Rica for a month, probably a week to long. A report on the
boating and tarpon trip to Tortuguero on the Carib coast.

Great guide. We booked a 4 night trip to Laguna Lodge through
http://www.jungletomsafaris.com/ via great travel agent in Jaco, CR.
Would not go that way again. Included a 3.5 hour bus ride including lunch
to the Puerto Limon area piers. My daughter and husband flew in and asked
at airport for a lodging place. Stayed at the Casa Marbella and had meals
in the village and hired a guide for the National Park. Our guide, she
SUX. My kids probably spent less also. Cost us $690 for the 2 of us at
the Laguna Lodge (nice place) for 3 nights and 4 days. Could have done it
in 3 days. Booked the fishing before I got there and the rate is $400 for
9 hours for 1, $500 for 2 and $600 for 3. Great guide. Some of the guides
went North to Rio Colorado and got no fish. Is about a 45 minute boat
ride. We stayed out front of the lagoon and about 11:30 we had the first
hit and miss. Then we hooked 2 for about 30 seconds each and the about
100# fish came out of the water like in the movies and gave us back our
lure. Landed the next 2. About 50# and 70#. The 70# took about 150 yards
of 40# line and I got back about 125 yds when it took out another 100
yds. Finally got it to the boat and it went crazy. about 6 trips out of
the water before giving up. A couple of pics and she was released after a
little TLC.

Costa Rica is the place to go for fishing, no doubt about it.

Probably Panama is better. Same or more fish and 1/4 the cost. CR on the
Pacific Coast cost more than Cabo, MX to fish.