joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Usenet downloads: Pearl Harbor 15.jpg 54736 bytes

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:02:40 GMT, "HEMI-Powered" wrote:

amily vacations until I went over to the Dark Side and switched to
home video when my daughter was young. I know I have an entire slide
tray of the original Queen Elizabeth when she was berthed at Port
Everglades, Florida prior to being bought the the Japanese and sunk at
sea being towed home. And, I think I have pics from places like
Patriot's Point and other ship museums. But, summer is coming, my long

I crossed the Atlantic on the QE I think it was 65. What a ship. Lots
of beautiful wood in her corridors and salons. Then I made the return
trip on the SS United States. Another great ship, still here in
Philadelphia awaiting what we hope is a restoration. She was know to
have almost no wood in her. One of the officers proudly said that the
only wood on her was the butcher block and the pianos.
I was fortunate to tour the engine rooms of both ships. Quite an
adventure on the QE. I will never forget the little entry ways where
the pressure had to be equalized before full entry and the huge prop
shafts so shiny and long.