Brian D

Default Making polyester putty?

But if the weather or shop is warm, or you are putting on more than just a
thin layer, mixing it a bit on the thick side is better. The epoxy can heat
up after or during application and this can cause it to sag. How thick to
make it is easily judged with only a little experience, like your 2nd or 3rd
batch or so. Easy.

Brian

"sour (max camirand)" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:49:33 GMT, "Brian D"
wrote:

Actually, if you mix microballoons into it until it looks very nearly

thick
enough (soft peanut butter), then you'll find that only a little silica

will
keep it from sagging. Estimating from my own work, I'd say about 85%
phenolic microballoons plus about 15% silica, by volume.

Brian

Exactly. Don't go mixing it with 100% silica just because it's
vertical. I've seen people do it. I think they're still sanding.

-m