Ron Thornton

Default cheap vacuum bagging

The other problem is cooling. The freon and oil charge carry heat away
from the compressor which is probably why Glenn's tripped the thermal
switch. Before I got a "real" vacuum pump I used refrigeration
compressors successfully by cooling with a fan and constantly
lubricating thru a bleeder on the vacuum side with one of those air line
oilers made for lubing air tools. WD40 is not a very good lubricant for
this, I used light oil and sometimes even thinned motor oil with
kerosine. I also had an old airbrake compressor off a bus that I drove
with a 1 hp electric motor. I spite of the physics, I believe I could
have pulled 25 psi with it (maybe thru a worm hole from Jupiter). On
the output side she would put out 300 psi. All of this was back when
vacuum pumps were a lot more than $50 on Ebay.

Regards, Ron

PS. Fred, re-read my earlier post please. You will find it was
not directed at Glenn.