William R. Watt

Default cheap vacuum bagging

From what GA wrote it would be better to look for an older unit than a
later one as I assumed. It could be tested with a car vacuum guage. A
vaccum guage costs about $15 at Canadian Tire. I found one at a garage
sale last summer for $4 which included a timing light and a remote starter
switch.

As for burnout maybe the compressor doesn't have to run at full power.
Perhaps a light dimmer switch could be used to set it at the speed needed
to maintain the vacuum for the particular application. Or 2-3 compressors
could be hooked up together and run at lower power off the same dimmer switch.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm