Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default duplicate nav lights panel

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I've been thinking about adding duplicate switches for my nav lights to
the cockpit near the engine start. I guess they would be three-position
switches, since I'd like to be able to control them from their current
place, as well as closer to the helm. Has someone done this or has
suggestions about what to look or watchout for with respect to the type of
switch? My engine controls are in the aft laz under the seat, and it
should be pretty straightforward to run wires, etc.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

You could always replace the in cabin switches with manual/remote circuit
breakers (RCCBs) and place the circuit breaker control switches out in the
cockpit. That would keep the power circuit the same as you have it now and
the controls in both places would be exact duplicates, no need for three way
switches, etc. You would know if they were on or off too.

Amen!

Bob Crantz