Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default duplicate nav lights panel

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Cool. Someone who likes things more complicated than I do (or people here
think I do, anyway).

I've gone to LED nav lights so the voltage drop and consumption are not
such a big issue.

--
Roger Long

There are all interesting suggestions. I agree that complexity shouldn't be
the goal, and I want something that is not much less bullet proof than what
I currently have.

I very much agree that one must confirm that on-ness or off-ness of the
lights no matter the setup. My intention was, is, will always be, to do that
confirmation at the fixture, but my goal here is to find something that can
be used relatively faster than having to go below or ask someone else to go
below, perhaps someone who is less familiar with the panel.

I teach and do charters on my boat, so I don't like to rely on a
student/customer to do something that I can't immediately confirm.

All things being equal, I'd like to be able to flip the switch on my own,
then, when the opportunity presents itself, confirm things are working.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while I always confirm my bow lights
work before I leave the dock, there's no easy and sometimes no safe way to
confirm they're on underway. I cannot imagine leaving the helm to go all the
way forward in less than ideal conditions or asking a less experienced
person to do so to confirm the bow lights are on. The masthead is easy to
confirm of course, as is the stern light.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com