Brian Whatcott

Default cheap vacuum bagging

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:23:55 -0400, "sour (max camirand)"
wrote:

On 18 Oct 2003 14:47:14 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:

There is a website describing how to use a discarded 'fridge compressor
for vacuum bagging. The fellow who tried it used a vaccum gauge from an
automobile in his configuration and claims he got 25 psi vacuum for his
project. He just used standard plumbing fittings to connect the vacuum bag.

I remember reading about this, too. Seems very feasible. If I ever
have any vacuum bagging to do, I'll give it a shot.

Has anyone tried it?

-m

Fridge compressors blow out their oil then seize up in 1 to 10 hours,
in
my experience. If you trap the oil, or keep adding it, I hear you can
keep 'em running.

Brian Whatcott