[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Injection Limiter adjustment

On Mar 26, 7:42 am, Larry wrote:
"Roger Long" wrote in news:47ea2372$0$1113
:

A fuel restriction problem should only show up above a
certain RPM.

Noone has addressed my post about an AIRLEAK on the suction side of the
primary fuel pump.....bubbles will drive it crazy.

The tank is gravity feed. The fuel pump was fine when last
disassembled and inspected and the problem pre-dates that, but in any
case it isn't required. I could run the fuel line directly from the
tank to the engine's fuel filter... Would that mean anything?

I got a new and worrying symptom today. Yesterday when I was feeling
around in the inspection port one of the cranks fell away with a
"plink". Of course, I'm very aware that the only way to get in there
properly is to remove the gear case and so I was not thrilled by that
development. However, moving the throttle crank back and forth did
bring the missing crank back up to the injection limiter and I figured
ok, maybe the weights just fell back or something. So, with some
trepidation, I turned the beast on and it worked perfectly. Cool.
Now, I just ran it again after letting it sit for the night and it
worked wonderfully for about 15 minutes. I was able to load up the
alternator with a bunch of stuff hooked to the inverter and some fans
etc and had perfect throttle control and was getting ~100 amps out of
the thing in either fast idle or in gear and pushing against the dock
lines... Smoke free and purring smoothly. Then, it started its
hunting again and when I removed all the loads and let it sit a while
it didn't get any better. Hmmmm... What is going on? It has never,
ever done the hunting thing after it has started running correctly
before.

-- Tom.