Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default duplicate nav lights panel

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
news:2008032521223516807-jerelull@maccom...
On 2008-03-25 20:17:28 -0400, "Capt. JG" said:

I've been thinking about adding duplicate switches for my nav lights to
the
cockpit near the engine start. I guess they would be three-position
switches, since I'd like to be able to control them from their current
place, as well as closer to the helm.

The correct ones would both would be double-pole, double-throw (DPDT)

But WHY? It takes only a few seconds to go to the panel, throw the
switches, then return to your helm. You're adding at least 3 extra
connections and an exposed switch, some more things to go wrong....

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD

Perhaps I don't want to have to rely on those "few seconds," especially if I
need to start the engine and switch on the steaming light. Which one do I do
first? It's not a huge deal to use the current switch, but I'm thinking
about the convenience. The switch/panel wouldn't be exposed any more than my
key and blower control... as I said, in a stern lazzarette.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com