Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Injection Limiter adjustment

Roger Long wrote:
"Martin Baxter" wrote

When I installed it I went over it with a infrared thermometer and
found very little variation in temp from the bottom of the block to
top of the head, may about 5deg C after 10 minutes of idling.

Hmmm. Nearly even temp after 10 minutes. Maybe that's why 5 minutes is
such a common recommended warm up interval for diesel engines of this
class, close enough to evenly warm but not running excessively at no load.

Indeed, but Volvo says nothing about not running for extended periods at
idle. They do seem to almost brag about how much charging current one
gets from thier souped up alternator at idle.

Cheers
Marty