Donald Phillips

Default Making polyester putty?

Jordan wrote:
Hello -

I'm looking for the ingredients and ratios to make polyester putty.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction? email is rbaulbin at
yahoo.com

Thanks!

Jordan

Make up your own. I assume we're talking body filler, right? If it's
horizontal, I use mostly microballons or glass beads. It runs pretty
good and will self level fairly well. On vertical, add a good bit of
silica to the above until it doesn't drip off the stirring stick. Most
of us use epoxy instead of polyester. It works about the same which
ever you use. I don't measure filler. Use enough microballons to make
it thick and creamy. Add silica until doesn't drip off the stick.

Donald

--
I'm building a Steel Robert's 434. You can sneak a peek if you wish by
clicking on me link below.