Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Injection Limiter adjustment

wrote in message
On Mar 22, 9:05 pm, " wrote:
... I'm planning on taking the boat out in the morning anyway,
so I'll try and pay particular attention to the motor and report some
symptoms for you. ...

Alright, I took the family out for a cruise yesterday and did keep an
eye on the engines. I reduced the warm up period to about 10 minutes

snipped.

Warming up a diesel for 10 minutes is unnecessarily long and does no good.
Give them a couple of minutes to make sure everything is working and then
leave the dock and get some load on.
Prolonged idling from cold causes a lot of wear.