Ron White

Default Foaming in diesel tank

I too have read Mr. Pascoe's tank installation info. as well as almost
monthly ranting from Powerboat Reports editorial and boat review staff
against foamed tanks. All the negatives do make sense. So I did a half
foaming job on my aluminum tanks. I dammed off the (4) corners and just
foamed them using poured (2) part foam and then I ran a damn around the top
an inch or two deep and used insulation foam (one part) all around the top.
The corners were to keep the tanks from moving and the sealing around the
top was to fend off any water that might find its way into the tank
compartments. So what I tryed to do was not trap water anywhere around the
tank. This made some sense to me at the time but weather it makes sense to
anyone else, well that's up for question. I hope you do something that gives
you peace.

--
Ron White
My boatbuilding website is: