Leo Petipas

Default Foaming in diesel tank

I have done work similar to this. If you get the low expansion insulation
foam (urethane) in a can and start from the deepest part of the cavities,
working your way outward slowly in slow sweeping motions, allowing the
previous passes to max out their expansion, you should be okay. Do a sample
cavity that you rig yourself to get a feel for it, then move quickly to your
installation and go. The application tube from the can plugs up quickly, so
be organized and move it along. If you use the high expansion foam, you can
pressurized the area risking breeches, crushing, bursting, in the adjacent
surfaces. Get some more input than what I am saying to round out your
research.
Leo
"Bryan B" wrote in message
I need to re-install a diesel tank. It was foamed in place and an then

tab
glassed to the top of the bulkhead and hull. No problem with the glass

work
but what foam should be used for the tank. The tank is 316 ss about 30
gallons.

Thanks,

Bryan