HK HK is offline

Default Morons that rant about new versions of Windoze

John wrote:
LOL I do support and had customer complaining that when he upgraded code
on our equipment some of his windows 98 quit working....

"jamesgangnc"
wrote in message ...
MS has about some version of it's os on about 90% of all the
personal computers. That is hundreds of millions of installations.
There will always be people that have some combination of hardward
and other software that ms did not anticipate and will cause the
operation system to do something wrong.

At the same time lots of organizations will delay implementing a new
ms operating system. It generally has a lot more to do with their
technical staff being familiar with the new software or their in
house applications not being ready for the new os than problems.
Though some will complain about the problems in the new os as well.

That is not a new phenomenon. It has been happening since windows
3.1. As every version has matured the problems have declined.
Simply because of the sheer volume of installations problems get
more press that the other os'. For everyone with a problem there
are 10s of thousands that have no problems at all. Vista is close
to reaching the 100 million install mark. Obviously it is not a crisis.

I spent about an hour this past weekend reading about some of the
problems *some* Apple users are having with the latest release of OS X,
aka Leopard. Some Apple folk are having some serious issues. My guess is
that if Apple had the same sized user base for its operating systems as
Microsoft does, and if those Apple users were similar to Windows users,
the number and seriousness of problems would be similar.

If memory serves, I read where Apple has under 5% market share of
desktop PC operating systems.

This used to be a boater newsgroup. There's no requirement that posters
here have any knowledge of a computer OS or in fact have a boat. We have
plenty of boatless posters here who also present as too slow to use a
computer, too.