Donald Phillips

Default Prop Depth

Shawn Gibbs wrote:
Could anyone tell me or point me in the direction of info regarding how to
determine the optimal & minimal operational depths for props?

Warm Regards
Shawn

Thanks an interesting question. Submarines have been known to go fairly
deep and the props kept working. Maximum down angle is usually
determined by the engine specs, somewhere around 5 degrees, but then
hover craft and helicopters have around 90 and their props work. You
should try to maintain about 2 3/8 to 2 1/2 clearance from the hull.
Other than that, most props will work to some extent. On the more
serious side, David Gerr has written a good bit of information on props.

Good Luck,

Donald

--
I'm building a Steel Robert's 434. You can sneak a peek if you wish by
clicking on me link below.