Brian D

Default Bedding windows

Wow! I didn't know you shouldn't use polysulfides with plastics. Given
that little tidbit, I think I'd try their 4000UV product (after finding out
what it is.) I've had trouble with silicon leaking, including marine
varieties, and don't buy it for anything anymore...just walk right past it
and buy something else.

Brian

"Jerry W" wrote in message
I've had very good results with silicone rubber sealant. I note that West
Marine's catalog guide section specifically recommends against using
polysulfides on plastic and this confirms my experience. The sealant never
really cures at the interface with the plastic. Their catalog features a

3M
product designated 4000UV which is "highly recommended for ABS, Lexan and
other plastics". I have no experience with this material and would be
interested in hearing from anyone who has.
"Bryan B" wrote in message
Any suggestions for bedding plexiglass window to fiberglass deck

opening.
Polysulfide, Silicone, or another material?Which brand?

Thanks,

Bryan